Neutral Leader
    Catch me if you can!! Silverhawk's Avatar
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Awards Top Poster

A Shell (currency) is about ¼” thick and carved into round coins one inch and two inches in diameter. The dragon shells are tough as stone and smooth as glass, only a dragon claw can carve or cut it. Gold Shell is worth about fives times as much as regular shell. Each Shell is carved with a number value and the symbol of the Sky it originated from on one side, and anything the carver wishes on the other. Some Shells are prized and kept for the beauty of the original artwork on that side.

The new Riders are allowed to keep a chunk of shell, but the majority, 9/10th, goes to the Queen’s coffer to support the Sky and all Dragons within. This shell they keep is for their own spending. . . after they learn to carve it.

He found himself grinning down at her exasperated expression. "You have problems with authority."
    She tossed her head, her eyes sparkling with mischief. Waves of dark hair spilled around her face and down her shoulders. "Fortunately, I don't acknowledge anyone as an authority, so there's no problem whatsoever."

Media Executive
    Posting Queen
    Neutral Leader
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Awards Top Poster

HERE THERE BE DRAGONS

Green – Greens and Blues, the non-reproductive females, are smaller, faster, and more agile than most other dragons. Green dragons seem to have an affinity to growing things, plants tend to perk up in their vicinity. They tend to be a bit flighty in nature, though cheerful and calming.

Blue - Greens and Blues, the non-reproductive females, are smaller, faster, and more agile than most other dragons. Blues have a clear affinity for water. Not only are they great swimmers, but water seems to move toward them. They can always locate the nearest water source. Blues tend to have a short attention span and are very excitable; fickle as the tide.

Red – Reds and Browns are the mediums of these giant creatures. Stronger than the Blues and Greens, faster than the Bronze and Golds. Reds are known for the affinity to fire. They can sustain a breath of flame longer than any other dragon. Flames tend to dance around them, rather than burning them. Reds have very aggressive, brash personalities, though their extreme loyalty tempers them.

Brown – Reds and Browns are the mediums of these giant creatures. Stronger than the Blues and Greens, faster than the Bronze and Golds. Browns have an affinity to the earth and stones. They seem to always know right were caves and gems are. Never do they have a hard landing, as the very rocks and soil seem to cushion them. Browns tend to be stolid and steadfast. They are slow to anger, though can be rather stubborn, too.

Bronze – Bronze dragons are the kings of their kind. They are stronger and larger than all but the Gold dragons. While not the fastest flyers, they are far from slow and they make up for it by going the distance. There are myths of Bronze dragons flying around the world without pause. Bronze dragons seem to have an affinity to metals, finding and shaping them easily. Bronze dragons are lordly and kind, confident in their place among the rulers of the skies. (BY REQUEST)

Gold – Gold dragons are the Queens and mothers of their kind. They are the strongest of all dragons, both mentally and physically. While all dragons are telepathic, the Queens are capable of keeping track of every dragon in their Sky, and every mental conversation. While they don’t typically snoop or eavesdrop, this ability allows them to coordinate the fighting Flights battling Score. They are also more capable at telekinesis and teleportation. Queens are motherly and stern, tough but fair. (RESTRICTED)

Becky has laid claim to the Leadership of the Crafts. I will be the Dragon Queen. We need a Lord or Lady to lead among the Keeps.

Also, Bards are to be renamed Minstrels, per Becky. I’ll edit later.

He found himself grinning down at her exasperated expression. "You have problems with authority."
    She tossed her head, her eyes sparkling with mischief. Waves of dark hair spilled around her face and down her shoulders. "Fortunately, I don't acknowledge anyone as an authority, so there's no problem whatsoever."

Media Executive
    Posting Princess
    Forgive, sounds good.
    Forget, I wish I could

Hidden In Shadows
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

I thought blues were also affinity to the healing arts? If I remember correctly..

The Minstrels are going to be traditionally female. The Mistress Minstrel is going to be a 60 year old woman who is way past the average expected living age. (In medieval societies 40-50 was considered old). She will have several journeyman and apprentices that she personally mentors. But she hasn't named her successor yet, until she meets a boy not quite 13.

I am going to play both the boy and the Mistress Minstrel. Windi and I have been talking and we do have a storyline sketched out. (wouldn't even say it is outlined yet). Soo.. suggestions are welcomed. :-)

Oh, I also have in the works a dragonrider.. well two actually but one that will be played first would be a bronze.
    Last edited by Epona; 06-12-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone I'll be waiting all there's left to do is run
    You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess. It's a love story, baby just say yes.

They say that time heals everything, but I'm still waiting.

Media Executive
    Posting Queen
    Neutral Leader
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Awards Top Poster

I don’t know what you are talking about. . . I’m making the Dragon affinities up as I go.

Dragon and Rider Names

Dragon’s name themselves. They hatch self aware in a body not yet up to speed and ravenous. But they know their own name and quickly know the name of the person they will bond with for life. All dragon names have a “ss” somewhere in the name. And the names of new riders are changed to reflect the honor of the new bond. The first sylabol of the dragon’s name is tacked on to the front of the rider’s name. Banic bonded with Hemiss and is now called H’banic.

Media Executive
    Posting Princess
    Forgive, sounds good.
    Forget, I wish I could

Hidden In Shadows
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

I meant in the books.. I thought blues were affinity to healing in the books.

I am not so sure about the naming..
    Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone I'll be waiting all there's left to do is run
    You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess. It's a love story, baby just say yes.

They say that time heals everything, but I'm still waiting.

French Delicacy Post-a-licious Crymsyn's Avatar
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Yeah not sure I like the naming with the blending.. I'm picky about my girls' names

I do think one of them should have a healing trait, even if its a less common ability of a certain color.

Also you said a gold is stronger with telekenisis and telepathy.. is that to say all riders have those abilities?

Media Executive
    Posting Queen
    Neutral Leader
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Awards Top Poster

Yeah not sure I like the naming with the blending.. I'm picky about my girls' names

Then names changing comes from the Pern books, though done differently. In the Pern stories a new rider would drop the first vowel. Solan would become S’lan. I’d like something with the names, some honorific.

Open for suggestions. . . . ?

I do think one of them should have a healing trait, even if its a less common ability of a certain color.

Also you said a gold is stronger with telekenisis and telepathy.. is that to say all riders have those abilities?

All dragons are telepathic. Most only speak with other dragons and their own rider. All dragons can teleport. Healing and Telekinesis are very rare. Greens and Golds are more likely to have healing abilities. Bronze and Golds are more likely to have Telekinesis.

Thread Information