Catch me if you can!! Silverhawk's Avatar
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Awards Top Poster

Default Introducing Writer's Block

All elements of all stories, posts, or writings posted on TMC become property of TMC, and its Owners. As such these cannot be removed, changed, or reproduced for use anywhere else without express permission of a majority of the Owners.

That said, the Writer's Block forum has been created for those who wish to use any part, portion, or complete story, post, or writing for reproduction such as publishing, personal, or public use. Everything written there must be reviewed and approved by a majority vote of the Owners before it is released to be used elsewhere. The burden of ensuring that these works are free of conflict and all permissions are obtained rests on the writers who post them there.

If you have any questions as to what this means or how to proceed please contact an Owner of TMC. (Epona, Unforbidden, or Silverhawk)

To join Writer's Block please go to your User CP, User Group, and click on it to join.

Thank you.

He found himself grinning down at her exasperated expression. "You have problems with authority."
    She tossed her head, her eyes sparkling with mischief. Waves of dark hair spilled around her face and down her shoulders. "Fortunately, I don't acknowledge anyone as an authority, so there's no problem whatsoever."

Media Executive Catch me if you can!! Kawanee's Avatar
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Is this to say I can't write Chari's story in one of my books?

Media Executive
    Posting Queen
    Neutral Leader
    Catch me if you can!! Silverhawk's Avatar
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Awards Top Poster

No, but rather the opposite. Writer's Block is where you would make a thread and put things that you wish to have approved to use elsewhere. It is also where writers can post together and create stories to be published together. This is the forum that allows for a release of the first statement.

So, using Chari's story as an example, you would need to change certain things like Species, use of the Blessed or Brotherhood, and other people's characters enough that it isn't taking the works that are property of TMC or other writers and using them without permission. Mind you, you could also seek to be granted permission from others to use their creations or characters. And by it being posted her the Owners, when you are ready, can review it and inform you of any known conflicts or release it from being property of TMC so that rights are violated. That sort of thing. Basically it our best attempt at a CYOB for all parties involved.

He found himself grinning down at her exasperated expression. "You have problems with authority."
    She tossed her head, her eyes sparkling with mischief. Waves of dark hair spilled around her face and down her shoulders. "Fortunately, I don't acknowledge anyone as an authority, so there's no problem whatsoever."

Thread Information