Christmas Exchange 2014 - Page 2 - The Media Central
The Media Central

Go Back   The Media Central > Media Headquarters > Ampitheatre

Notices

Ampitheatre All important news reguarding the board is in here. ONLY STAFF MAY START NEW THREADS!

Old 10-25-2014, 12:10 AM   #11
Silverhawk
Media Executive
Posting Queen
Neutral Leader
Catch me if you can!!

<center>Silverhawk's Avatar</center>

Silverhawk is breathing. . . not well, but breathing at all is good.

Level: 51 [?]
Experience: 12,744,341
Next Level: 13,849,320

Rubies (TOP! 1): 2,369,860
Awarded 1 time(s)
Received 2 thank(s)
Rep Power: 10000 Silverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond repute

It is a choice between random or picking who you want to send one to.

Or we could do small gifts to all. We have done it before where 7 people did 6 gifts and all sent the to us. We opened the boxes and shuffled the wrapped gifts so that we sent back boxes with 6 gifts to everybody, one from each participant.

He found himself grinning down at her exasperated expression. "You have problems with authority."
She tossed her head, her eyes sparkling with mischief. Waves of dark hair spilled around her face and down her shoulders. "Fortunately, I don't acknowledge anyone as an authority, so there's no problem whatsoever."

Silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Thank
Old 10-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #12
Silverhawk
Media Executive
Posting Queen
Neutral Leader
Catch me if you can!!

Awarded 1 time(s)
Received 2 thank(s)
Rep Power: 10000 Silverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSilverhawk has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, after talking with Becky about it, this is what I am proposing:

The mini-mass gift exchange was done several years ago. The concept is simple, everyone has 2 weeks from today to commit to participating. Then, say 8 people sign up, we each mae 7 gifts. All gifts get sent to a central location (last time it was me). Then I mix them up, repac, and send them out again. This means that all 8 people will receive a gift from each of the other 7 without everyone sending out 7 packages each. These gifts should be on the smaller side so that shipping 7 doesn't involve a crate or anything.

The gifts can be individually wrapped and labeled, allowing for specific gifts per person. Or you can send everybody the same thing. All good. As mentioned before the exchange will be after christmas, taking the strain off of any rush or shipping concerns. We may not all get ours at the same time. Doing this will save on money for shipping, when compared to each of us sending out 7 packages. The only person shipping out more than one package then will be me.

Sound good to everybody?

Epona
Silverhawk
Kawanee
Amberelle
Flaxen Affair

He found himself grinning down at her exasperated expression. "You have problems with authority."
She tossed her head, her eyes sparkling with mischief. Waves of dark hair spilled around her face and down her shoulders. "Fortunately, I don't acknowledge anyone as an authority, so there's no problem whatsoever."

Last edited by Silverhawk; 11-14-2014 at 12:06 PM..
Old 10-27-2014, 09:26 AM   #13
Kawanee
Media Executive
Post Master General

<center>Kawanee's Avatar</center>

Kawanee is weird

Level: 41 [?]
Experience: 2,337,554
Next Level: 2,530,022

Rubies: 1,022,862
Rep Power: 10000 Kawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kawanee Send a message via Yahoo to Kawanee

sounds good...
Old 10-31-2014, 01:13 PM   #14
Amberelle
Paparazzi

<center>Amberelle's Avatar</center>

Amberelle has no status.

Level: 36 [?]
Experience: 861,219
Next Level: 1,000,000

Rubies: 145,696
Rep Power: 10 Amberelle is on a distinguished roadAmberelle is on a distinguished road

So.... handmade? You people make it hard on a girl. Considering my life is so hectic I don't even have time to come here but every few months you think I have time to MAKE something?? Well.... I guess if I don;t find a job by Dec 1 I will. But trying to think positive here :P

Yes... I want in. But it may be nothing more than a handmade card so I hope y'all have low expectations!!
Old 10-31-2014, 04:38 PM   #15
Kawanee
Media Executive
Post Master General

<center>Kawanee's Avatar</center>

Kawanee is weird

Level: 41 [?]
Experience: 2,337,554
Next Level: 2,530,022

Rubies: 1,022,862
Rep Power: 10000 Kawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond reputeKawanee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kawanee Send a message via Yahoo to Kawanee

Don't stress! Whatever you come up with will be awesome, and I wouldn't turn down something store bought especially if it made it easier on folks.

if I had to decide between a gift or you posting... I go with Posting anyday! It can be my present.. :P It's handmade. *loophole!*
Old 11-01-2014, 07:29 AM   #16
Silverhawk
Media Executive
Posting Queen
Neutral Leader
Catch me if you can!!

Awarded 1 time(s)
Received 2 thank(s)

Handmade is the goal. . . . but we don't turn up our noses at gifts that aren't handmade. And posties. . . posties are lovely.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #17
Amberelle
Paparazzi

<center>Amberelle's Avatar</center>

Amberelle has no status.

Level: 36 [?]
Experience: 861,219
Next Level: 1,000,000

Rubies: 145,696
Rep Power: 10 Amberelle is on a distinguished roadAmberelle is on a distinguished road

hehehe Love y'all And yes... a post is a handmade gift. That's a thought for sure!

As for posting regularly.. it's a long term goal. Right now I can only manage to juggle two 'things' at a time. It had been real estate and my "normal" job.. lately it's been my job hunt and my job. Have really not been able to keep up with RE and being active on my social media posting for it. Just need to find a way to mix in a third thing and I can get back to posting. I miss it!
Old 11-14-2014, 07:18 AM   #18
Flaxen Affair
Casting Agents

<center>Flaxen Affair's Avatar</center>

Flaxen Affair is exhausted

Level: 29 [?]
Experience: 206,912
Next Level: 242,754

Rubies: 36,764
Rep Power: 10 Flaxen Affair is on a distinguished roadFlaxen Affair is on a distinguished roadFlaxen Affair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Flaxen Affair Send a message via Skype™ to Flaxen Affair

I just want to make sure on this:

If I sign up for this I have to make four small handmade things and I need to post it to you guys by when?
Flaxen Affair is offline   Reply With Quote Thank
Old 11-14-2014, 08:37 AM   #19
Silverhawk
Media Executive
Posting Queen
Neutral Leader
Catch me if you can!!

Awarded 1 time(s)
Received 2 thank(s)

Yes, if you sign up you have to make 4 (unless more sign up in the next week) handmade gifts and have them in the mail by about December 20th-ish. We will send them back out as soon as possible. You won't get your package from us until after Christmas and most likely into January.

If you are a bit late, that is fine. Everyone should post it when their package is sent so we have a rough idea of when to expect them. We care more about everyone having fun with this than we do about it happening on a specific date.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #20
Flaxen Affair
Casting Agents

<center>Flaxen Affair's Avatar</center>

Flaxen Affair is exhausted

Level: 29 [?]
Experience: 206,912
Next Level: 242,754

Rubies: 36,764
Rep Power: 10 Flaxen Affair is on a distinguished roadFlaxen Affair is on a distinguished roadFlaxen Affair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Flaxen Affair Send a message via Skype™ to Flaxen Affair

Sign me up for this then.
Flaxen Affair is offline   Reply With Quote Thank